Our synthetic hair comes with a pre-styled textured appearance due to technological advancements. It is still crucial to know how to maintain your faux locs properly, particularly when dealing with faux locs that come with curly strands.
On our website, this bespoke guide specifically applies to our faux locs Flame Curly, Luxe Auburn, Luxe Blondé and Eddera Wave Locs.
To ensure a long-lasting experience with your locs featuring curl strands, we recommend following the methods below to have a long lasting experience.
The initial step in caring for locs with curl strands is to use a leave-in conditioner and mousse. You can refer to the list of our recommended leave-in conditioners and mousses provided below:
- African Pride Olive Miracle Leave In Conditioner
- Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk
- Pattern Leave-in Conditioner
- Moroccanoil Curl Control Mousse
- Camille Rose Fresh Curl Revitalising Hair Smoother
By using the leave-in conditioner and mousse in combination, you can achieve a sleek and hydrated look for your hair without any oily residue. Furthermore, these products work together to control the synthetic hair and minimize the risk of frizz and tangles, resulting in a neat and polished appearance.
Please read on to learn how to apply the leave-in conditioner and mousse appropriately.
Our Step by Step Guide :
Step 1) Apply a leave-in conditioner to your entire head of faux locs, making sure to distribute it evenly throughout.
Step 2) Divide your locs into four sections and secure them with hair ties or clips. This will make it easier to work on one section at a time.
Step 3) Starting with one section, unravel a small portion of hair to work on. This will ensure that you don't miss any strands and that each curl is properly styled.
Step 4) Select a strand of faux locs with curls and apply a small amount of mousse to the curls. Be careful not to use too much, as this can weigh down your hair and make it look greasy.
Step 5) Repeat step 4 for all the curls in that section. This will help to define each curl and prevent frizz.
Step 6) Move on to the next section and repeat steps 4-5 until all portions of hair are finished.
Step 7) When going to bed, we recommend using a silk head wrap to prevent your curls from becoming tangled or frizzy. This will also help to maintain the style for longer.
Step 8) For best results, we suggest repeating these steps every two weeks to maintain your faux locs with curls. However, step 7 should be performed daily to prevent tangling and frizz.
By following these steps, you can become a hair care guru and maintain the perfect faux locs with curls. We want to ensure that your locs receive the best possible care and this is because we care about your locs care.
Four list of things to steer clear of:
- Don't wash your hair too frequently. Instead, opt for a gentle cleansing scalp routine once every two weeks to maintain a healthy scalp. You can use an apple cider vinegar solution or other products specifically designed to balance your scalp's pH.
- Avoid using heat styling tools on your locs, as this can cause damage to both the synthetic hair and the curl pattern. Instead, try heat-free styling methods like braids or twists to keep your curls intact.
- Don't reach for the scissors to cut your synthetic curls. This could damage the entire curl pattern of your locs and ruin the style. Instead, try using a detangling brush or a wide-toothed comb to work out any knots.
- Lastly, avoid sleeping with your hair uncovered. Sleeping on a silk pillowcase or using a silk head wrap can help prevent tangling and frizz, ensuring that your locs maintain their perfect curls.
We hope that this guide has provided you with valuable information on how to take care of your faux locs with curls. By following these tips and avoiding the common mistakes listed above, you can maintain healthy, beautiful locs for the long-term. Remember, caring for your hair is an act of self-love, and we're here to support you on your hair care journey.